Tuesday, July 6, 2010

berry easy "ice cream"



in my case, strawberry and blueberry "ice cream" made without an ice cream freezer. oh my gosh this is soooooo delicious and easy. i had seen this creamy concoction over at our best bites the other day and knew instantly i just had to give it a whirl. you can find the recipe here and while you are there take a moment to peruse this delightful blog, it's one chock full of wonderful recipes and reviews.
now back to the "ice cream", you don't need an ice cream freezer, good thing 'cause i ain't got one. once mixed, you simply put in a container and pop into your refrigerator's freezer for a few hours. it doesn't seem to get completely firm, but more like a sorbet consistency, no matter, it works and it works deliciously. i used a combo of thawed frozen organic strawberries and blueberries from trader joe's, excellent choice on my behalf, not only for the amazing taste, but killer color. so now i am already thinking banana, coconut and pineapple combo for the next go around. whadda ya think?
i hope you will give this easy fruit freeze a try! enjoy.

4 comments:

April said...

Ok, this sounds wonderful!! And for the most part a healthier version. I am also liking your coconut/pineapple combo!!

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

Yours looks delicious- thanks for the shout out, I'm so glad you liked it!

-Sara

Pam said...

I am loving the new look of your blog - so pretty!

The ice cream looks amazing. I think the banana, coconut, and pineapple sounds fantastic too.

Barbara Bakes said...

What a fun new makeover! Now I'm craving ice cream. Fresh strawberry is my favorite. Looks yummy!