Saturday, June 26, 2010

mom's 70's jello salad


this is so easy and so good, not healthy, full of artifical flavors and colors. yum. well it is and i wouldn't have it any other way. it is the 70's for pete's sake!


mom's favorite jello salad, circa 1974, can you dig it?

heat one 20oz. can of crushed pineapple in saucepan till hot, add a 3oz. pack of your favorite jello. i used strawberry, mom would also do lime, especially around christmas, the whole red and green color thing. anyway, let it cool for an hour. then stir in a 12oz carton of cottage cheese and put in fridge till thicken, maybe another hour. then fold in a whole 8oz. carton of cool whip, baby. you can put it all in a groovy mold, like my vintage tupperware one, or not. let it chill for several hours and that is it. i am eating it for breakfast right now. far out. enjoy.






4 comments:

April said...

I am so glad that you posted this! I was just talking to the kiddos about how I love this stuff and would like to find a recipe for it. yum!

lisa said...

with a star for the fourth of july!!

Sarah, Maison Cupcake said...

Wow, that is truly retro! I am bit confused what jello is, it is what we Brits just call Jelly or is it something specific?

Cos I know you have peanut butter and jelly sandwiches but they are peanut butter and what we called jam aren't they? Just don't get me started on purses, pocket books and handbags!!!

Jennifer said...

I love the mold, funka!